Caring Hands Behavioral Health Center is proudly serving the Harwood Community and beyond. We are committed to providing compassionate, effective, and person-centered behavioral health care treatment to the people we serve. We strive to assist them along their path towards living a meaningful life and achieving their full potential. We support children, adolescents, adults, and older adults address mental health and substance use problems and improve their quality of life, all within a safe and welcoming environment. We use a multi-disciplinary approach to deliver prevention, intervention, and treatment services in the least restrictive and most cost-effective manner. We are dedicated to excellence in service, the highest quality of care, innovation in care delivery, and responsiveness to our community.
- To Meet the Need – to work toward recovery of health and quality of life for the people we serve
- To Lead – to continually seek and create more effective ways to serve individuals
- To Care – to always employ the highest standards of professionalism, with compassion
- To Respect – to recognize and respond to the human dignity of every person
- Quality – We will meet professional standards in our field and continuously improve all aspects of our work.
- Empowerment – We will encourage the autonomy of our consumers and staff using teamwork to achieve individualized goals.
- Integrity – We will conduct ourselves in an ethical, honest, and forthright manner.
- Community – We will work to reduce stigma, increase access to mental health services, and to increase awareness of the benefits of treatment.
- Value – We will assure that the cost of our services reflects their value, and we will operate in a cost-efficient way.
- Safety – We will provide a safe environment for consumers, volunteers, staff, and visitors.
- Diversity – We will foster an environment that embraces the diversity of all our constituents.
- Caring – We will provide all of our services with compassion and sensitivity.
Who we serve?
- Young Adults
- Older Adults
LEVEL OF CARE
- Private Insurance
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Individualized Treatment Plan
- Psychosocial Assessment
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric Evaluation
Thank you for considering referring your loved one to Caring Hands Behavioral Health Center. We offer a breadth of mental health care services to treat many mental health conditions and substance use disorders. When you refer a patient, we work to ensure a smooth referral and transition process to help them find the right care they need to heal and recover.
We participate with Maryland Medicaid and many major insurance companies (including CareFirst, CIGNA, Aetna, United Healthcare, and Kaiser). Because of variations between policies, it is best to contact the patient’s insurer directly to determine whether we are in network for their plan. We do also accept self-pay patients at Caring Hands Behavioral Health Center.
As patients prepare to be discharged from our program, a dedicated discharge coordinator will develop a comprehensive discharge plan. This discharge plan ensures that the patient has adequate and appropriate treatment upon discharge.